Add value from form fillout to landing page list

Elizabeth_Balle
Level 2

Add value from form fillout to landing page list

I've gotten a request to enable individuals to fill out a form and have an entry from the form added to a letter on a landing page in Marketo. Is this something that is possible to do in Marketo (without external javascripting)?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Add value from form fillout to landing page list

I don't know what you mean by "a letter on a landing page" but you can certainly include {{lead.field}} tokens in the content of Marketo-hosted LPs

Elizabeth_Balle
Level 2

But how would you add each new entry? Would it be a whole long list of tokens or is there a way to make them all part of a smart list and have a program token that will display all company names for everyone in the smart list? So it would update as people fill out the form?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

So basically you're trying to display the company names of everyone who has filled out the form on the thank you page? Rajesh's answer seems like it will help you the most here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elizabeth,

If I understand correctly, you have a form that leads will submit. And when leads submit this form, you want another separate landing page automatically updated with a listing of all the leads that have filled the first form till now. Is that what you want?

If yes, It can not be done 'out of the box' from a Marketo flow.

It also can not be done by 'only' using javascript on that form.

It can be done using 'web hooks' and javascript together. You will have to create a web hook to maintain a list of leads that have filled the form so far (outside of Marketo). And on the listing landing page, use javascript and JSONP mechanism to show the list of leads pulling that information from this external source.

Though it is doable, it might be an overkill I think.

Alternatively,

You can define a smart list in Marketo which maintains all these leads who filled the form. And use 'Smart List subscription' mechanism to send daily / weekly emails to the person who needs that information. So instead of the landing page with the list of leads, he/she will get that information via email. This might be the best option.

Or

You can push each lead that fills the form to say 'Google Sheets' (using web hook again, but it will be relatively simpler).

Instead of other landing page, the person who needs the report can simply use Google sheets that is populated in real time.

Hope this helps.

Rajesh Talele