Re: Add to Marketo Campaign error message

Kim_Allen
Level 10

Add to Marketo Campaign error message

Hi,

A sales person just emailed me with a screen shot that shows her trying to add multiple leads to a Marketo Campaign and getting the error message "This person is not yet ready in Marketo; please try again in a few minutes"

Does this email it's a new lead and hasn't synced yet or what? Has anyone else experienced this? Since she's adding multiple leads it's difficult to tell which is the problem.

I found this thread but there was no resolution: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PIJWAA4

Thanks!
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Kim, I'd definitely suggest she try again in about 10 minutes (depending how long your sync takes). It does sound like the lead just hasn't synced yet. 
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Dory is correct, the batch sync hasn't yet had a chance to pull the record into Marketo, so there's no marketo-side record to add to the campaign.
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Thanks yall!
Kim_Allen
Level 10

I have someone in the field asking about this again -- says that the leads he is adding are not new. Any other ideas?
Thomas_Belnap
Level 1

I am having this same issue as well. None of the leads in the Salesforce campaign are new, and all of them have been synced to marketo already, which is apparent by their membership to the marketo program that created the SFDC campaign and synced the leads that appear in the report to the SFDC campaign itself.

This is a pretty big headache, anyone uncovered a way to resolve this error?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

My guess would be that your MSI configuration is incorrect.  Take a look at the appropriate setup guide and follow the instructions to reconfigure your MSI in SFDC.

Enterprise/Unlimited Edition : Configure Marketo Sales Insight in Salesforce Enterprise/Unlimited - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Professional Edition: Configure Marketo Sales Insight in Salesforce Professional Edition - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Failing either of those, I would open a support ticket.

Thomas_Belnap
Level 1

I ran into this same issue. My guess is your MSI config is just fine, and you're dealing with a marketo/Salesforce latency issue like I was. The issue when I ran into this, was due to the "Change Program Status" flow step. If you have an SFDC campaign synced, Salesforce is triggering marketo to make a change to the lead/contact record in marketo's DB, which then needs to sync back to the SFDC campaign so the appropriate campaign status is set. Not an ideal situation.

One way to resolve this issue is to batch change program statuses every night instead of triggering the change alongside any other flow steps you have in place after the "campaign is requested" trigger.

Trigger Campaign

Smart List:

Campaign is Requested + Any of your other filters

Flow

Add to Engagement Program (or whatever your desired action is)

Add to (Static) List

Batch Campaign

(schedule to run at midnight every night)

Smart List

Was Added to (Static) List

Flow Step

Change program status

Worked like a charm for me. Hope this helps!