SOLVED

Re: Add form check field with hyperlink to privacy policy

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add form check field with hyperlink to privacy policy

To make sure that anyone that enters our system is aware of our GDPR privacy policy, I want to add a form check field that states "I have reviewed the privacy policy and accept the terms." (That was just a random link). Anyone who fills out a form on our website should be required to check this off before submitting a request.

The hyperlink can either open our privacy policy page in a new tab or display our privacy policy in the form of a lightbox.

I have absolutely no idea how to do either of these things and would REALLY appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you!

PS, I like Sanford Whiteman's example in this thread. Too bad he didn't explain how it worked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Christina,

In fact, you can easily paste some html in a Checkbox (or any other form field type BTW) label on in a checkboxes "display value". So you can have a display value that reads

I have reviewed the <a href="https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/sample-privacy-policy ">privacy policy</a> and accept the terms

To do this i a label, click the pastedImage_3.png at the right of the field label.

In a checkboxes diplay value simply edit the values and paste the html:

pastedImage_5.png

or, in advanced mode

pastedImage_4.png

Use the stored value "yes".

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Christina,

In fact, you can easily paste some html in a Checkbox (or any other form field type BTW) label on in a checkboxes "display value". So you can have a display value that reads

I have reviewed the <a href="https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/sample-privacy-policy ">privacy policy</a> and accept the terms

To do this i a label, click the pastedImage_3.png at the right of the field label.

In a checkboxes diplay value simply edit the values and paste the html:

pastedImage_5.png

or, in advanced mode

pastedImage_4.png

Use the stored value "yes".

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Gregoire, this solved my problem. Thanks so much!!!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are welcome

p-alandra
Level 1

Thank you for your explanation! Do you have any suggestions on what kind of field to use for this "I agree with privacy policy" checkbox? 

(In general, I am still confused whether it is good to use a field for any purposes other than what it is made for. For example, using "Billing Country" field for address)

smcgregor
Level 2

Hi! This was extremely helpful - is there a way to code it so that the URL opens in a new tab by chance?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Add target="_blank" as you would with any link.