SOLVED

Re: Add flow comapign dynamically using API

Go to solution
Santosh_Wakode
Level 2

Add flow comapign dynamically using API

I am creating separate email asset for every announcement which I need to send using marketo.

In marketo we have Program under this we have Campaign and using this campaign we are sending emails, each campaign may have hundred of email assets, we are creating email asset separate for each announcement to get report as per email to analyse no. of clicks in single email, no. open etc.

Previously we just used to update single email asset but that was not giving report as expected.

Now I am able to create email asset for each announcement and send email and getting proper result also.

But we have to add "Send Email" to send email using email template in this we need to select default choice.

I am not getting any API to set default choice for flow dynamically like "ABC Program.announcement1", "ABC Program.announcement2", "ABC Program.announcementN"

Is there any way to add default choice in flow using API without manual intervention?

Or Is there any other way to get report as per separate email asset for separate announcement?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

is the person you're trying to send to marketing suspended/unsubscribed or reached communication limits?

Can you also provide a screen shot of your email program control panel e.g.

pastedImage_1.png

It's unlikely the email program will be at fault. The person isn't receiving the email most likely because of various other reasons.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the thread to Products (Move link at the right). This isn't a support space.

Santosh_Wakode
Level 2

Sanford Whiteman Thanks for your help. Could you please suggest me on actual query "Is there any way to add default choice in flow using API without manual intervention?"

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

While I'm not sure I understand you fully, I think you should re-think your program architecture.

Consider these points:

• Instead of using a single smart campaign and wanting to change the flow for each send, try cloning and using email programs for each send inside the parent program.
  • If you have varying messages per send, instead of creating separate email assets, try using dynamic content which will let you set a "default" message for all remaining leads.
  • You're able to operate all of the above through the API
Santosh_Wakode
Level 2

Jay Jiang​ Thanks for your reply .

• Instead of using a single smart campaign and wanting to change the flow for each send, try cloning and using email programs for each send inside the parent program. - Yes we can clone email program but for instance first time if default choice for Send Email is "ABC Program.announcement1" after cloning I will get cloned email program with name "announcement1-1" but in scheduling for second time it is considering "ABC Program.announcement1" because its defualt but I should have "ABC Program.announcement1-1" in flow after cloning also.
  • If you have varying messages per send, instead of creating separate email assets, try using dynamic content which will let you set a "default" message for all remaining leads. - Currently I am using this method only but our client need information separate for each email program so that it will show reports as per single email like how many opened?, how many link clicked in email body?, how many not opened? etc. But in current method its giving report as per single email program only. Because client wan't to analyse report as per email send for each time.
  • Is it possible to update "ABC Program.announcement1" this entry in marketo DB? eg: old = { programId: 1234, campaignId: 4323, emailAssetId: 4433 }, new = { programId: 1234, campaignId: 4323, emailAssetId: 7766 } so that in flow it will consider email asset with id 7766 (announcement1-1) to send.
  • In smart campaign details I am getting :flowId=>4545, will it be helpful to set flow default choice dynamically using API call.
  • Please suggest I beginner in marketo. If dynamic flow seting not possible then I need to convence my client to use current method only.
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

You use the email program to send the email not a smart campaign anymore.

So for each email program

API call to clone it

API call to edit the child email asset

API call to approve the email asset

API call to update email program with startDate

API call to approve the email program

Santosh_Wakode
Level 2

Jay Jiang​ Thanks for your answer, it is helpful for me I did process present in Email Programs - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

this link for Email Program. Currently for test I am doing using marketo UI only (Will do using API once succeed in UI process )

1. Added audience using smart list
  2. Added Email asset using New email on tile
  3. Scheduled email program using date and time
  4. Approved Email program.

But after finished end user are not receiving emails.

I Did Email Test - A/B Test also and receiving email in test but in actual schedule and after approve process end user are not receiving email.

Am I missing anything?

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Obvious question but, has the scheduled Date + Time passed?

Santosh_Wakode
Level 2

Jay Jiang

Jay Jiang​ Yes Jay scheduled Date + Time has passed and on Approved tile status is Finished. eg:

Apr 11, 2019 2:30 AM PDT

Test A/B is working while sending test email but scheduled one is not sending email to end user. Please see above image. Please help.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

is the person you're trying to send to marketing suspended/unsubscribed or reached communication limits?

Can you also provide a screen shot of your email program control panel e.g.

pastedImage_1.png

It's unlikely the email program will be at fault. The person isn't receiving the email most likely because of various other reasons.