Add custom questions unique to a campaign to a global/master form without changing the global/master form?

Val_Vazquez4
Level 2

Add custom questions unique to a campaign to a global/master form without changing the global/master form?

Master/global forms have been implemented at my company (hurray) but I have quite a few users complaining that they wish they could add questions/fields that are not included within the master forms. For example:

Master form fields:

1. First name
  2. Last name
  3. Company 
  4. Email

A marketer will want to ask stuff like t-shirt size or dietary restrictions, which are fields that are specific to his campaign but should not be added to the global/master form. Has anyone done this successfully? I considered dong this by somehow 'tacking on' a unique form right below the master form within the same page, so from a UX perspective the user sees one form and clicks Submit once, from in the back in Marketo there are actually 2 form submissions and 2 forms. Ideas? Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: Add custom questions unique to a campaign to a global/master form without changing the global/master form?

I'm making assumptions here but... deploying master/global forms doesn't mean just having one form for everything, it's deploying one form fit for purpose across like campaigns, e.g. you're not creating a new form for every event you run, or you're not creating a new form for each piece of gated content. 

You will need different forms for the two use cases above. You may even need a different form for a live event vs a webinar event. 

If your marketers are asking for ad hoc fields that are wildly different, consider the campaigns they are running, can creating a global form fit for their type of campaign solve their issues?

But, for what you're asking, there is more than 1 way to solve your issue. However, you will need coding knowledge.