Re: Add Program Status

Harshad_Oak
Level 2

Add Program Status

Hi Folks,

There are tow program statuses in Channel List Purchase - On List and Engaged.

Can I add more program statuses to this channel. I want to add few more program status - Clicked, Opened, Bounced.

Can we do that?

Regards,

Harshad

6 REPLIES 6
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

The following link has the instructions

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+a+New+Program+Tag+and+Tag+Values

You can edit the channel, and adjust the values - though you may need to remove dependencies before making the change.

Harshad_Oak
Level 2

Dear Balkar Singh,

Thank you for suggestion will try to implement this.

Regards,

Harshad

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi Harshad, 

Just be mindful that you do not overwrite existing program tag/values which are in use, this might mess-up reporting. 

Thanks!

Priyank

Harshad_Oak
Level 2

Thanks Priyank. I tried this and its working properly. 

Kim_Allen
Level 10

Harshad Oak‌, one thing I'd add here is to be sure and pay attention to the steps associated to the additional membership statuses you add. The steps are behind the scenes and just defined to keep statuses in order. It's important to note that you can always move further along the steps but never backwards.

Example: I want to track an email blast channel via the following statuses: Sent, Delivered, Opened, Clicked, Clicked CTA, Unsubscribed. In this case I would built the steps in that order: Sent (10), Delivered (20), Opened (30), Clicked (40), Clicked CTA (50), Unsubscribed (60). If I didn't do this, say they were all 10's - I could have leads that receive the email and then click the CTA (yay) but then later open the email again, their final status would be opened. We would want their final status to be the furthest they progressed, so in this case Clicked CTA. The order is definitely important.

Kim

Harshad_Oak
Level 2

Thanks Kim for detailed description.