Add Leads to an Engagement Program with Multiple Criteria

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add Leads to an Engagement Program with Multiple Criteria

Is it possible in the 'Add to Engagement Program' flow step, to add a lead who has multiple criteria into the appropriate engagement program? At the moment, I can only see 'Choice 1', which only lets you pick one criteria point to add to an engagement program. Because our nurture campaigns are segmented into two criteria points (country and course interested in) I need to have these two points accounted for when adding leads to the nurture program. 

3 REPLIES 3
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Re: Add Leads to an Engagement Program with Multiple Criteria

Hey Peter,

There are a few ways to achieve this.

How many engagement programs do you have? One for each country with all the courses therein?

Or do you have just one engagement program with many streams, like "India - Business", "India - Engineering", "China - Business", "China - Engineering" ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Nicholas,

Thanks for your reply.

The engagement programs are structured so that each course and country has its own program. So there is one program for 'Philippines - Accounting' and another program for 'Philippines - Business' and another for 'India - Accounting' and so on. 

Marketo Screenshot 2.png

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

OK, easy.

In that case, you can take care of everything in the smart list, using one smart campaign per program.

For example, in the program IND-BACC, you create a smart campaign and the smart list is something like:

Country = India

Course = BACC

Flow

Add to engagement program = this program

In the IND-BBUS program, the smart list is

Country = India

Course = BBUS

Flow

Add to engagement..

Now, why is this confusing? Because you probably have one campaign which is expected to drive all membership of every nurture program. You'd be better off just having a batch campaign in every program that runs daily, rather than try and logically sort new people in your database into the correct stream.

There are a couple of other things to think of but see if that makes sense and let me know if you've got any queries.