SOLVED

Re: Add Choice to Sync Person to SFDC flow step

Go to solution
bcouture
Level 2

Add Choice to Sync Person to SFDC flow step

Hey everyone,

Wondering if this will work as expected. I am trying to put in a "failsafe" to sync over leads from Marketo to Salesforce just in case they aren't already in Salesforce. Will using the "Sync Person to SFDC" flow step with a choice work? Basically what I want to happen is if the SFDC Type is empty, then sync it over using auto-assign rules. If the SFDC is NOT empty, then just skip the Sync Person to SFDC flow step as a whole.

I see the default choice is setting "Assign to" >>Do Nothing, does that mean it will sync but not assign the lead? Or just skip the "Sync Person to SFDC" flow step and "Do Nothing" for the flow step as a whole?

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 1.55.40 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

If the “sync type is not Empty” then as per Default Choice the Sync to SFDC for that Lead would be as per Auto assignment rule. For this flow step, the choices are basically asking whether the record should be assigned to a specific person or not. When it is not specified (i.e., "Do nothing") the assumption is that you still want the record to be synced to Salesforce, otherwise they would not be in that step, but that there's no particular desire to assign it to a specific person. Thus, since SFDC records need someone to be the owner, the Auto-Assign rules are used by default

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

If the “sync type is not Empty” then as per Default Choice the Sync to SFDC for that Lead would be as per Auto assignment rule. For this flow step, the choices are basically asking whether the record should be assigned to a specific person or not. When it is not specified (i.e., "Do nothing") the assumption is that you still want the record to be synced to Salesforce, otherwise they would not be in that step, but that there's no particular desire to assign it to a specific person. Thus, since SFDC records need someone to be the owner, the Auto-Assign rules are used by default

bcouture
Level 2

got it, thanks for clarifying that. So if I leave it as is, if someone is already sync'd to Salesforce, and they hit the "Do Nothing" choice which is basically syncing them and using the auto assignment rules, will it over-write their existing owner and put them through the auto-assignment rules?

Darshil_Shah1

Yep that’s correct. But keep in mind that Salesforce does not allow "Contacts" to be assigned to lead queues. In that case Marketo will create a duplicate "Lead" in Salesforce. 

bcouture
Level 2

Good to know, thanks for your help !