Ad blockers hiding embedded marketo forms.

Spencer_Taylor
Level 1

Ad blockers hiding embedded marketo forms.

Hey everyone,

A user was not seeing our embedded marketo forms on our website. It turns out it was his ad blocker that was keeping the forms form appearing. I replicated the issue and looked in the community for a fix. I found this post that basically says "You should replace the app-*.marketo.com domain with whatever your primary Marketo LP domain is in the embed code." Our LP domain is knox.knoxfinancial.com so I tried changing the embed code from

<script src="//app-sj24.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>

<form id="mktoForm_1032"></form>

<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sj24.marketo.com", "594-LVV-771", 1032);</script>

to

<script src="//app-sj24.knox.knoxfinancial.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>

<form id="mktoForm_1032"></form>

<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sj24.marketo.com", "594-LVV-771", 1032);</script>

but when I did that the form disappeared. Any ideas?

13 REPLIES 13
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Ad blockers hiding embedded marketo forms.

Spencer_Taylor
Level 1

I tried editing the embed code on the page on the site but the form disappeared. Do I need to edit them in Marketo? If so where should I do that?

SanfordWhiteman

Do you meet the SSL requirement noted in the post?

What's the URL of a page where you've attempted the change?

Spencer_Taylor
Level 1

Sanford,

I am not talking about the SSL requirements. What I have been doing is editing the embed code on the page and that seems to break the embed. I am wondering if I edit the embed code somewhere in Marketo before I bring it over to my site.

I am attempting to modify all of the forms on our site but most recently have been working on this one Apply Now - Knox

SanfordWhiteman

There's nothing to edit (nothing you *can* edit on the Marketo side). Woulda put that in the blog post otherwise.

If you didn't meet the SSL reqs you'd see a blank, because of browser security restrictions.

The page you linked to still has the original embed code.

Spencer_Taylor
Level 1

Sanford,

I switched that page back to the original embed code so the form would work. I created this form test page and put in the edited embed code and the form is not displaying. Test form code - Knox

SanfordWhiteman

knox.knoxfinancial.com doesn't run over SSL.

Ergo, you don't meet the SSL requirements because your corporate site does use SSL but your Marketo LP domain ​does not.

Spencer_Taylor
Level 1

I thought that got setup. Thank you so much for your help.

Spencer Taylor

COO & Co-founder

Knoxfinancial.com

617-684-1849

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 4:05 PM Sanford Whiteman <

SanfordWhiteman

If you believe an SSL order is in-progress, you can check the current state of affairs by trying to load the Forms 2.0 library directly:

pastedImage_0.png

I'll add this pointer to the blog post.