SOLVED

(Actually) Sending Email to Duplicate Leads

Go to solution
Eben_Saputra
Level 3

(Actually) Sending Email to Duplicate Leads

Situation:

At our clinics, we have several patients that share the same email address but with different name

(Usually for older couples. Not all patients have emails after all)

Problem is, when they have appointment in same day, we send only one notification instead of two.

This is due to Marketo's default behavior to avoid sending duplicates

Question is: how to, for certain campaign, to bypass this behavior?

If there are clients with same email but different name, we want to send not only just once

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: (Actually) Sending Email to Duplicate Leads

Read my last answer on the thread Can Marketo handle duplicate email addresses for different people?

That's the best way to do it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Read my last answer on the thread Can Marketo handle duplicate email addresses for different people?

That's the best way to do it.

SanfordWhiteman

Can you mark my answer as Correct, to potentially get more traffic to that other thread? Thanks.

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

If you leave the Smart Campaign settings at "Run through the Flow Once" you can simply run the Smart Campaign that sends the email multiple times. The first time it will dedupe and only send 1 email. The second time it will send the email to the dupes (if there could be more than 2 records with the same email address, run it multiple times). Since a recurring schedule can only be once a day, running the Campaign a second (or third) time will probably be manual action.