Re: Activities cause data storage limit in SFDC

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Activities cause data storage limit in SFDC

We're syncing activities on "Email Sent" to Salesforce. This causes hitting our data storage limit quite fast, as we're sending many nurturing emails.
Is there any good way to avoid this? I thought about passing these as campaign members with status "sent" to every nurturing email campaign, but it's will cause the same storage issue..
I also thought about using the email tab in "Sales Insight", but I didn't see all emails logged there (I reviewed a lead that recieved a nurturing email, but the email didn't appear in sales insight)

Thanks!

Itay

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Are you using Sales Insight? If you do, you can see the emails that were sent to the individual lead or contact in the Sales Insight section of the layout, under the last tab. There you can also see, whether that email was opened or clicked on.

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Hi Nicole, we are using Sales insight (mainly Interesting Moments and web activity tabs). However, I have a case that a lead recieved several emails, but those emails don't appear on the "email" tab. Do you know what can be the reason?
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Are you referring to the Email tab that you see under the "Marketo" tab in Salesforce? That one shows only the emails the user has sent through Sales insight.

However, if you open the Lead or Contact and look at the Sales Insighht secion there, you should see all emails listed that were sent to this person via Marketo - regardless of whether they were sent by Marketing from Marketo MLM or by the Sales Person from Sales Insight.
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

I'm referring to the email tab within "Sales insight" section.
Should the emails have any specific settings?
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Try this: Go to the Actions menu, and load the Activity Log of the record in Marketo. If you see the emails in the Log but not in the Sales Insight section, you may want to contact tech support.

I'm not really sure what we would be missing in that case.
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Yes, they do appear in the activity log. I opened a case to support, hopefully they will be able to solve this..
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you certain the record isn't a duplicate?  This is an easy miss, where you can look at the record in SFDC with the same email addresss and not see the email activity, but have it logged in Marketo.
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

This is not a duplicate.
Are there any conditions that an email won't appear in sales insight? (bounces / errors etc...)