SOLVED

Re: Activating Default Programs in Engagement Stream

Go to solution
Julia_Mazur
Level 1

Activating Default Programs in Engagement Stream

Hi everyone, 

I am setting up an Engagement Program and would like to skip an email for members in the stream that meet specific criteria. I know that I will need to add a default program with an email and smart list with that criteria. I believe that the campaign needs to be set as a batch, not triggered off the previous email sending, correct? I am wondering what I need to do to active the program and ensure the email is sent at the same time/day as the other emails in the stream. Would I schedule a recurrence for the same time/day as the cadence of the stream or schedule recurrence for daily?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6

Like William mentioned, you won't "activate" or "schedule" the smart campaign for the nested email send. Once you pull the default program into the nurture stream and activate it (via the nurture stream), you'll notice the smart campaign within the default program to send the email will appear with a green arrow.

Carrie_Chandle1_0-1591634273945.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_Zimmerm
Level 2

Hi there - 

So long as the program is set to a batch campaign, and you've at minimum added a filter for Member of Engagement Program, setting the value to the name of the engagement program in which you are adding the default program, you shouldn't need to worry about scheduling the campaign. The campaign will automatically run it's supposed to run (based on the program's position in the engagement program stream).

William

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6

Like William mentioned, you won't "activate" or "schedule" the smart campaign for the nested email send. Once you pull the default program into the nurture stream and activate it (via the nurture stream), you'll notice the smart campaign within the default program to send the email will appear with a green arrow.

Carrie_Chandle1_0-1591634273945.png

Marc_Comption
Level 2

Additional question here. If I use a default program inside an engagement, using Smart Campaigns to send the emails, will the engagement program allow the contact to get the same email twice? As an example, in our engagement program if someone has a lost opportunity and goes through the stream, getting all 4 emails in the stream. Then at a later date (past the required 90 days defined in the Smart Campaign) has another lost opportunity and qualifies again, would they get the same 4 emails from that stream? Let me know if you need more detail. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I don't think so. If a person is not a member of the default program, they will be sent emails that are part of it only once. Worth mentioning that when you use a program in a stream, it doesn’t matter if you’ve received that specific email before. As long as the email was not sent out before in that specific program, you can receive it again. However, in your case the person would have been sent email from the program in the first send, so they won’t be sent the email again. Hope this answers your question. You might want to create separate programs for the re-send use-case.