Re: Acquisition Reporting in SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Acquisition Reporting in SFDC?

Hey Marketo folks!

Do you guys do any Acquisition Reporting reporting in SFDC? The value comes across in SFDC but I'm trying to figure the best way to report off it. I want to do things like find out what channels (SEM, SEO, Social,etc.) are driving lead acquisition. It is just a string so I can use a naming convention. That's not a horrible idea but I don't like using filters that use the contains operator because sometimes that same thing will exist in a different words. I could also create additional fields like "Acquisition Program Channel" and then set those values when I set the Acquisition Program but that is an additional step whenever I create those Acquisition Program smart campaigns and it is enough to create those already.

Any thoughts out there? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are a lot of threads on this. Please do a search.

• multiple paired fields
  • sfdc member campaign object changes
  • bizible or similar tools
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've looked at all things with Acquisition Program and I don't see a ton of rich discussions. I think I understand multiple paired fields. I think SFDC campaign member object changes means something like adding an acquired checkbox field to the campaign member record and mark that true when it is their acquisition program.

I've also brainstormed that it's possible to based on the name trigger a salesforce trigger so that a lookup field in Salesforce on the contact and lead records can be populated with a lookup to an actual campaign record, but I haven't seen discussion on that either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Delwin -- We don't do acquisition reporting in Salesforce, but I think how you approach it may depend on the type of reports you want to run in Salesforce -- lead, contact, campaign, opportunity with contacts, etc. If you're looking more for just pure acquisition data with an Acquisition Program Channel field attached to the lead and contact objects in Salesforce, I think I would approach it in the following way (which mirrors how we populate our Lead Source field):

1. Create Acquisition Program Channel field

2. In Marketo, create a triggered smart campaign for each channel that you use (in this example, Paid Social)

3. Create a Program Status is Changed trigger like this:

pastedImage_0.png

4. In the Flow tab, add a step to Change Data Value with a choice:

If Acquisition Program Channel is empty, New Value: Paid Social

Default Choice: -- Do Nothing --

Hope that helps!