Accessing Custom Object not Linked to record ( Velocity Scripting)

swiftddizgns
Level 1

Accessing Custom Object not Linked to record ( Velocity Scripting)

Trying to see if there is a way to access a Custom Object via velocity scripting that's not linked to a record. Ive been able to access a Custom Object in velocity script from a record that's linked to the CO, but trying to see if there is a way to access a Custom Object that's not linked. Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Accessing Custom Object not Linked to record ( Velocity Scripting)

First of all: Marketo Custom Object or SFDC Custom Object?

Second: describe the exact nature of the relationship (however many hops) b/t the CO and the Lead. Some indirect relationships will still work. Completely standalone objects will not work.

swiftddizgns
Level 1

This is Marketo Custom Object.

I want to create a Marketo Custom Object that is not "Linked" to a record. (Ive been able to do this successfully). I have created records on this Marketo Custom Object to store various generic data. In my program using email scripting, i would like to access various records on this Marketo Custom Object but the Marketo Custom Object doesnt even show up in the dropdown options because its not linked to the record.

SanfordWhiteman

This scenario is not possible.

If you need a shared data dictionary, include it via a global Velocity token, then you can use it from any other token.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You need to use the Email Script Token where in you would be using the CO, and use this Email velocity Script Token in the Email where you need to use the CO.

Find common examples for the the velocity script that would be used in Email script token here: https://developers.marketo.com/email-scripting/

SanfordWhiteman

This doesn't answer the question. There in fact is no Velocity code that can do what the OP wants. That's the whole point.