SOLVED

Ability to un-merge cells in RCE report prior to export?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ability to un-merge cells in RCE report prior to export?

Hello Marketo Community,

We recently discovered that, when putting together our Program Success Reports, it consolidates individuals' program successes together when they have had more than one.

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 10.52.25 AM.png

This individual has clicked on one email and then filled out a form on our website within the same reporting period. While this is OK in the main report and preview, if we download the Excel report, the merged cells for the individuals' name and contact details prevent the report from being filtered in the spreadsheet.

Is there a way to separate this person's activities onto two rows (one for each action) as someone who has had more than one success in a given reporting period?

Any suggestions are welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Ability to un-merge cells in RCE report prior to export?

Oh, so you're setting this up as a subscription?  In that case, you're right - Marketo does not give you the option of defining the report type (Excel, CSV or PDF) - only Excel.  Looks like another idea is needed to the running list of subscription enhancements.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dan_Stevens_

Michelle - export out as CSV instead of Excel.  This will give you a flat file where every row contains complete data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dan,

That's a great suggestion! The only thing is the report email gives an Excel spreadsheet as the standard attachment - is there any way to change it to .CSV so the sales team has what they need from the start?

While this isn't a huge issue throughout all reports, it's occurring in enough for it to be something we need to find a solution for - and I'd love to be able to provide this to the sales team so the effort is minimal on their part (where possible of course ).

Thanks again!

Michelle

Dan_Stevens_

Oh, so you're setting this up as a subscription?  In that case, you're right - Marketo does not give you the option of defining the report type (Excel, CSV or PDF) - only Excel.  Looks like another idea is needed to the running list of subscription enhancements.

Dan_Stevens_

Actually, the idea already exists:

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall be voting it up then!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My apologies for not being specific on that part! Yes, the subscription is where the problem arises - the report in its natural state is fine from a review and information perspective.

I will set this up as an idea under that topic.

Thanks for troubleshooting with me - we will be sure to let the sales team know that they can download the report and save as a .CSV for any filtering they might want to do