SOLVED

Re: Ability to link a device to are marketo "cookie" through another email system

Go to solution
Sean_Richards
Level 5

Ability to link a device to are marketo "cookie" through another email system

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of a way to have a 3rd party email system "link" the device to the marketo person, without sending the email from Marketo?

For example, Gmail, or in our case we use Salesloft for our sales team to do outreach.

I can't think of a way to do this myself.

The way Marketo does it is by wrapping the links in the email and passing the web request through the CNAME'd email domain, but can you recreate this for another sending system?

Thanks in advance.

Sean

Sean Richards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Ability to link a device to are marketo "cookie" through another email system

3 REPLIES 3
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Controversial but doable:

Create a custom field for "last muchkin cookie"

Submit the munchkin cookie with the person's details in form submissions to Marketo

Append a custom parameter with the cookie value to links being sent in the other email platform

On your site, add script to overwrite the current munchkin value if it differs from the value in the parameter + refresh the page

I'm sure Sanford Whiteman would have thoughts

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sean_Richards
Level 5

Thank you both!

Sean Richards