Re: ATTN: Hotfix for broken embedded forms in Firefox 46 (release date April 19)

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

ATTN: Hotfix for broken embedded forms in Firefox 46 (release date April 19)

Warning! On the near horizon is a version of Firefox that will break embedded forms.  As I noted in Firefox Developer Edition​, Firefox 46 -- already in-the-wild for folks using Firefox Developer Edition -- is moving into Beta on March 8 and will be released worldwide via auto-update on April 19.

Luckily, your faithful forms guy has a fix you can put in place now to avoid disruption.  Add the following style either in a <style> tag or via an external stylesheet.  If you use an external stylesheet, make sure it loads before forms2.js/forms2.min.js.

#MktoForms2XDIframe {

visibility: hidden;

position: absolute;

display: block !important;

}

• The breakage affects forms using the embed code. It does not affect native form objects on Marketo-hosted LPs, but it can affect forms loaded as embeds (in HTML blocks) on Marketo-hosted pages. If you are not sure which method you use, apply the fix.
  • Marketo Support has been made aware of the issue but has not planned an official fix.
  • The change is related to Gecko's reinterpretation of the CSSOM getComputedStyle method. It should be noted that Chrome and IE are not planning to use the same interpretation.
  • If you want more details you can DM me.
21 REPLIES 21
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: ATTN: Hotfix for broken embedded forms in Firefox 46 (release date April 19)

Thanks, Sandy - this is super helpful.  Has Marketo tried to hire you yet!?

SanfordWhiteman

Maybe the offer got caught as spam.

SanfordWhiteman

Also CentralChampionsNYC MUG​ because I could only put this in one Place.

And blogged about here.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Thx Sanford !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thank you for the post!

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Thanks for reporting this.  I'm having engineering take a look right now.

SanfordWhiteman

Thanks, Kenny. My blog post (linked above) has more.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

We have a patch prepared for this which should be going live in the next few days.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

This is live now.