SOLVED

Re: API Monitoring and Alerts... from Marketo?

Go to solution
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

API Monitoring and Alerts... from Marketo?

Normally, if I'm looking to gauge the amount of API calls made to Marketo, I'd monitor the core systems that are calling to Marketo--it's accurate and easier than periodically checking. However, if you're in a situation where you're trying to do an analysis of what's even calling the API, is there a way to query the amount of calls that Marketo has recorded? I'd like to record how many calls are being made over a certain time span.

Major bonus points if this can include SOAP calls.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Aside from this insight that's available in Admin > Web Services:

pastedImage_0.png

Anything else requires help from Support.  In fact, Support themselves suggests we continue to add/vote on ideas to make this more self-serve for the customer:

Here's an example of a report that Support can provide you if you request it:

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Aside from this insight that's available in Admin > Web Services:

pastedImage_0.png

Anything else requires help from Support.  In fact, Support themselves suggests we continue to add/vote on ideas to make this more self-serve for the customer:

Here's an example of a report that Support can provide you if you request it:

pastedImage_2.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

'tis for this reason that I run my API calls through an API gateway (Apigee, though you could use AWS API GW or another).

The upside to the low daily limit is that means you can afford to use a commercial API GW service, which expects millions of hits per day.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

No, I normally do just that (AWS API + some logging tool a la Splunk); it's just in this specific case I need to work backwards to track down a rogue API connector that's...somewhere? Perhaps on an owned server, perhaps elsewhere? Shadow IT at its worst.