API - Looks like you changed locations since you requested an authorization code

Anonymous
Not applicable

API - Looks like you changed locations since you requested an authorization code

I keep getting this error when I submit the REST auth code marketo sends to me.

"Looks like you changed locations since you requested an authorization code; try again"

I have tried this on two different computers. Any ideas?

TIA

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: API - Looks like you changed locations since you requested an authorization code

Do you have a problem when you use the Identity endpoint to get an access_token the usual way?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: API - Looks like you changed locations since you requested an authorization code

We did find the usual way. Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ah, that's good. I never use the UI way. (Couldn't figure out a case in which an expiring token would be useful to distribute to, say, an external partner. A permanent token, sure.)

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Are you attempting to log into the instance using an API only role?  Those are not meant for logging in via the UI - it should only be used for API calls.  If you need to get into the Marketo application, you should make a separate user without the API only role.