SOLVED

AB Test Whole Emails in Engagement Program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

AB Test Whole Emails in Engagement Program

We have an active Engagement Program turned on with only one Stream that has 3 emails in it. We would like to AB test two whole emails with a random distribution of records for the first email.

Any recommendations on how to set this up?

Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AB Test Whole Emails in Engagement Program

Please excuse the blackouts 🙂

0EM50000000T3lm.png

0EM50000000T3lr.png
0EM50000000T3lw.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd recommend using programs within your engagement stream and a smart campaign to define your members and the A/B flow steps. Programs open up another world of fun you wouldn't really be able to do otherwise.

How I structured my A/B testing is by cloning the email and making my changes on the clone. Using the native A/B test feature within Engagement programs has caused problems. There's disucssions on this throughout the community.

Within your flow step of the smart campaign, use the random sample restrain to define your split.

After your program is all set place it into the nurture and when prompted, select your Smart Campaign you just built to ensure your email gets pulled into the native engagement program send.

I have screenshots if you need.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the qick response Tim! Yes I want to avoid using the Champion/Challenger by all means! Can you share screen shots of what you built? Much appreciated!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please excuse the blackouts 🙂

0EM50000000T3lm.png

0EM50000000T3lr.png
0EM50000000T3lw.png
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for sending the screen shots Tim! Did you setup the smart campaign in your program as a bi-weekly batch? How does the campaign/stream know when to fire the email?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can set your smart campaign like any other. No need to schedule things out. Drop the program in your stream. It will prompt you to select the campaign you just made. Use the streams program cadence as the sending mechanism. The engagement program naturally u sweat and to send on the days and times you set.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah Gotcha! Thanks...was curious how that work but totally making sense now!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to bug you again Tim! What are the pros and cons of using a Program versus Champion/Challenger for AB Testing?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Programs can use both trigger and batch campaigns to A/B test while using champion challenger restricts you to just using trigger campaigns. Marketo says they work in engagement programs, but the documentation on this is conflicting. Basically there is no pro or con it's just you can't use champion challenger in all situations. Wish this wasn't so, I like the idea of champion challengers.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tim!