SOLVED

A list of supported filterTypes on the leads Rest API?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

A list of supported filterTypes on the leads Rest API?

Is there a way to retrieve a list of the supported filterTypes on the leads API? I ran the describe.json on the model, and received all the fields on the Lead model, but when I try to use one of them in my query, for example, firstName, I get an error message that says "Lookup field 'firstName' not supported". Has anyone encountered this issue before, and is there a way to retrieve all the fields I'm able to use as lookup values? Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A list of supported filterTypes on the leads Rest API?

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Ja, according to developers.marketo.com: The fields and/or sets of fields indicated by the idField and dedupeFields of an object description will always be valid filterTypes for a query. 

If this isn't what you're experiencing, I would suggest reaching out to support.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

I did indeed encounter this the other day. If you find something, please share it here in the thread. I only tried briefly, but it seemed that only the standard fields of email and id were acceptable.

You may have noticed that a workaround seems to be to create a custom field, and to mirror the contents of the custom field with the standard field. There doesn't seem to be a restriction on using a custom field as a filterType.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yeah, I've imagined this has to do with cardinality (at least with FN and LN). Although it wouldn't be the case for all databases, it's a good prediction that the number of records returned can be over the limit (1000) for common names in a locale.

If you use a custom field, it could have the same prob but it wouldn't be telegraphing the problem ahead of time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ja Shia

I was looking for filter types in current API docs

http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/lead-database/leads/#query

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 17.52.20.png