SOLVED

A/B test on sending email only to 50% of target audience

Go to solution
Lena_Masrialter
Level 2

A/B test on sending email only to 50% of target audience

Hi,

Please help me out on building a flow for the following test:

I want to test having a reminder vs. not having a reminder for a promo. So basically 1 reminder should be only delivered to 50% of target audience. I have availability only on doing it via smart campaign not a batch one.  

I was thinking either of adding random sample to the email with 50% to the certain email and 50% - blank, but not sure whether this can work. Please advise.

Attaching a screenshot with the entire flow where I: send first invitation email -> wait till certain date and time -> remove everyone who has registered from the flow -> send this test reminder.

Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: A/B test on sending email only to 50% of target audience

This will work. You might want to consider adding those who received the email to one list and the rest of the group to a separate list to make reporting easier in the future. Then you can compare the number of attendees on the first list vs # of attendees on the second list.

This is not necessary since you can also find these numbers via smart lists after the fact, but it will make it easier to pull the numbers if you have attendees who didn't receive either email (they came across your webinar on your website, etc). It will also make reporting a bit faster if you have your CMO anxiously awaiting a report.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, that works.

50% receive the email, the remainder receive nothing.

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

This will work. You might want to consider adding those who received the email to one list and the rest of the group to a separate list to make reporting easier in the future. Then you can compare the number of attendees on the first list vs # of attendees on the second list.

This is not necessary since you can also find these numbers via smart lists after the fact, but it will make it easier to pull the numbers if you have attendees who didn't receive either email (they came across your webinar on your website, etc). It will also make reporting a bit faster if you have your CMO anxiously awaiting a report.