A/B landing pages results

Anonymous
Not applicable

A/B landing pages results

Hi Community--

We've had A/B testing running for a while on our landing pages and we have enough data to make a decision on which works best.

What is the best way to move from A/B Test Groups back to regular landing pages?

As cautionary context, when we turned regular landing pages into test groups, I didn't realize that this would affect our trigger campaigns which was filtering on "Filled out Form constraint Web Page is _____". Apparently, all of the trigger campaigns needed to be updated with the newly created A/B Test Groups and the test pages underneath them.

Thanks,
Hoi
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A/B landing pages results

Hey Hoi,

You could just unapprove the landing page that you will not be needing and create a re-direct rule to the one you will be using. But like you said, make sure to update any campaigns you have referencing the obsolete landing page. 

Is the link for the obsolete landing page used anywhere on marketing materials? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Jeff. This makes sense. Would I need to setup a re-direct rule though? Doesn't the A/B test group in Marketo automatically pass impressions evenly among the approved landing pages in it, i.e. if one is unapproved then all the traffic would go to the approved one, yes?

Also, the link to the landing pages are the same--we're using A/B test groups and each A/B test group has one URL associated with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, understood. My suggestion then would be to just to unapprove the page you don't want to use anymore. I would obviously test, but if you find that it still has the A/B testing going, you may need to clone the page and create a whole new fresh one.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Jeff.

Curious to hear if anyone has other ways of shutting down an A/B test group.