SOLVED

A/B Testing with Duplicates: Sending multiple emails

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

A/B Testing with Duplicates: Sending multiple emails

Hi Everyone!

So I tested out a small group with A/B testing for different date/time. My own address was in the smart list used 4 times as 4 different leads. When testing, I received both A & B emails. So it seems that it doesn't dedupe correctly with A/B testing in Marketo.

Has anyone experienced this and come up with a work around while still using A/B testing? I'm not quite sure how to create a smart list and remove duplicates.  (I'm not in control of our SF leads [which is a hot mess with some duplicates], so I can't really get it deduped properly.

Thanks!
Josh
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: A/B Testing with Duplicates: Sending multiple emails

Well...if all 4 leads qualified for the smart list, then Marketo will try to process them. The usual method would dedupe against the same email, but since AB takes a random sample, it's very likely it wouldn't dedupe at setup, it would dedupe at each email run. 

Maybe Cheryl can confirm this.

The only way to handle this better is to clean up dupes in Marketo using the Possible Duplicates list or the dupe filter. I'd check with your SFDC folks on this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: A/B Testing with Duplicates: Sending multiple emails

Well...if all 4 leads qualified for the smart list, then Marketo will try to process them. The usual method would dedupe against the same email, but since AB takes a random sample, it's very likely it wouldn't dedupe at setup, it would dedupe at each email run. 

Maybe Cheryl can confirm this.

The only way to handle this better is to clean up dupes in Marketo using the Possible Duplicates list or the dupe filter. I'd check with your SFDC folks on this.