A/B Testing In Engagement Programs

Anonymous
Not applicable

A/B Testing In Engagement Programs

Hi,

A lead will enter an engagement program through a form fill. This is trigger based. 

I'm trying to do a more sophisticated A/B test where I'll have 4 Variations of emails so for example on the third stream I have one program containing 1 email. This email i have split into 4 email variations to test.

As leads will be coming in at random. How will the A/B test interact?

Is this even possible? 

Thanks,
Tim
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A/B Testing In Engagement Programs

You can use the Champion Challenger Email testing feature in Engagement Programs.  
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LGT0CAO
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheryl,

Thank you for jumping in on this. I'm using just that, I just want to make sure with how I set my engagement program up that when people enter into the stream the program will kick and A/B test from the email inside the program correctly.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Tim,

Not 100% sure the Email Send program will do what you want because it is expecting a list to go out at once, not randomly or o a cadence. Cheryl can correct me here though.

There are a few options:

• Create a Program that has 4 emails and use the random number feature to try sorting people. I haven't tried this with a Cast though.
  • Put the 4 emails into 4 different streams. You can use Random Number to push a lead to a random stream. Doing this might require a external random list generator and then a trigger that Says Added to List, X, Stream Y etc.
Just some ideas, try them out first.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh, Sounds like some interesting ideas. Marketo has a random number feature? Not entirely familiar. I am using the champion challenger and she did say in engagement programs so I'll go ahead and test this out for a while. Hoping it acts as promised. I'll report my findings in a week or so.