SOLVED

Re: 3 Things to do in the community when you are a newbie (and earn points)

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Things to do in the community when you are a newbie (and earn points)

This space is amazing, with lots of resources and lots of things to do.

For a newbie like myself:

What are the 3 things that you recommend a newbie to do in the first 4 week?

I would like to earn points but most importantly get the most out of the community experience.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Perry1
Level 7

I believe this is a 2 part answer.

1. To me, the most valuable things in the community are first the knowledge that is shared here, and second networking. If you are just starting with Marketo, I would get to know the Welcome to Marketo Docs - Marketo Docs - Product Docs  (for overall product knowledge), learn.marketo.com for training videos, the Marketo Blogs area for community updates, and marketing central section for marketing best practices. There is a ton of valuable content here. The second thing I would do is network with people here. Join a marketo user group (even if it is just the virtual one) https://nation.marketo.com/places?filterID=all~objecttype~objecttype%5Bsocialgroup%5D&query=regional... . You may also want to check out the Marketo Champions: The Marketo Elite , these people have a lot of great info to share.
  2. The gamification is the second part. The points are great, and it does help you build your reputation. If you go to your profile and click more, and then reputation, and then missions you will see several challenges that will give you lots of points and bonus points.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Perry1
Level 7

I believe this is a 2 part answer.

1. To me, the most valuable things in the community are first the knowledge that is shared here, and second networking. If you are just starting with Marketo, I would get to know the Welcome to Marketo Docs - Marketo Docs - Product Docs  (for overall product knowledge), learn.marketo.com for training videos, the Marketo Blogs area for community updates, and marketing central section for marketing best practices. There is a ton of valuable content here. The second thing I would do is network with people here. Join a marketo user group (even if it is just the virtual one) https://nation.marketo.com/places?filterID=all~objecttype~objecttype%5Bsocialgroup%5D&query=regional... . You may also want to check out the Marketo Champions: The Marketo Elite , these people have a lot of great info to share.
  2. The gamification is the second part. The points are great, and it does help you build your reputation. If you go to your profile and click more, and then reputation, and then missions you will see several challenges that will give you lots of points and bonus points.

Hope this helps, and good luck.