20 Being added in between Email Address token in unsubscribe URL

Anonymous
Not applicable

20 Being added in between Email Address token in unsubscribe URL

%20 keeps being added in between Email Address token in unsubscribe URL. We have custom pages set up for unsubscribe to manage preferences, and pass the email address in this URL. I went and edited the link and now it won't let me approve an email because of a %20 in between "Email%20Address"

Thoughts please
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 20 Being added in between Email Address token in unsubscribe URL

I've seen this happening a lot too, and I don't remember it being the correct behavior. Maybe Marketo can chime in. 

I've been fixing it in the HTML and it has approved fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In this situation, you can open the email and click on HTML icon on email editor. Manually remove the %20 character and then save the email. It should get reflected.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I should mention that these footers are built in snippets and added in a dynamic content section, so I wouldn't be able to change the HTML from the email template.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I fixed the issue by editing all the HTML for my snippet footer in Dreamweaver, and then pasted it back into the HTML section of the snippet and saving and approved. Worked.

Why is this an issue?

If Marketo knows that it can't approve an email with a character in a broken token, why shouldn't it know to not allow it to be inserted in the first place?

Sean_Tierney2
Level 3

I'm having a similiar issue with the %20 popping up in tokens within URLs. Most recently with a hyperlinked {{member.webinar url}} token. It's weird because it has all been working for quite some time. Wonder if the latest release is causing a bug? At least in the meantime Jasons suggestion of editing the HTML did the trick, but I'm worried there are other emails out there where the token is incorrect now. The number of programs to review would be astronomical...