1003 Web Services Error

Anonymous
Not applicable

1003 Web Services Error

Hi there,

I have been receiving a web services error almost every day (18 times in August; 7 times in September so far) at the exact same time (about 1:05pm ET). It is typically only one count of the error but sometimes can be two, also on occasion a 604 error shows up at this same time of 1:05p. This error has been ongoing for quite some time; I do not know the date of origin (I started in Feb; I believe to be going on beyond that).

I am having a challenge tracking down the error given there's limited log availability on web services. We have an Unbound integration set up, and I think that may be the source of the error but I have nothing else to go on.

I only have 5 different sources of API requests - any advice on how to dig deeper on troubleshooting these errors would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: 1003 Web Services Error

Unbound or Unbounce?

Anyway, there's a lot of core info/advice at Web Services Error 1003 & 606 - Same time every day rather than rehashing it here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford. Much appreciated on the other thread - that was useful to read through.

It is an Unbounce* integration that I am referencing. It sounds like the best bet for identification would be to change the email associated with my specific integrations to identify the culprit. It also sounds like the API errors are rolled up and sent on a daily basis (mine just happen to be shared with me at 1:05pm) which explains the occurrence at the same time every day.

I did also want to post this as a new thread in hopes that there may have been another Unbounce user who has experienced this issue, that seems to be the only source of data via a launchpoint integration that would merit data validation errors.

SanfordWhiteman

Yeah, I would disable one at a time. But more important, I would turn off Unbounce's integration permanently and use the Marketo Forms endpoint with Unbounce instead. Doesn't their integration fail to associate web sessions with the new lead -- a critical function?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I inherited our instance setup, so I need to check how it was configured, but we have Munchkin running on the LPs via Unbounce Script Manager. I believe this is also capturing sessions for new leads, but I would have to verify to be sure.

I also think the team, prior to me, decided to utilize the native Unbounce forms to avoid slowing page load times that the API calling from Marketo might cause.

SanfordWhiteman

So I inherited our instance setup, so I need to check how it was configured, but we have Munchkin running on the LPs via Unbounce Script Manager. I believe this is also capturing sessions for new leads, but I would have to verify to be sure.

Check this out and let me know, since last time I checked their integration was half-baked.

I also think the team, prior to me, decided to utilize the native Unbounce forms to avoid slowing page load times that the API calling from Marketo might cause.

You can still use the native Unbounce forms and post the data to Marketo, ensuring session association. There's no slowdown.