Limit lead score changes for the same email

Aditi_Royghatak
Level 1

Limit lead score changes for the same email

I would like to limit the number of times the same interaction is scored for the same email by the same lead. For instance if contact X is opening an email Y, they would be scored +1 for opening email Y just once. Same way for clicks and other interactions with an email.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Limit lead score changes for the same email

For small groups of target assets, you can create a DateTime field (much better than a Boolean for this) to {{system.datetime}} for each asset. Set (Change Data Value) that field to {{system.datetime}} just after you score for it.

Then check the value of that field before scoring again (e.g. by using a DateTime you allow someone to be rescored after a period of time as opposed to a blanket yes/no).

But it's not feasible to do this at scale without using a webhook, you can't reasonably create fields for every email asset.

Aditi_Royghatak
Level 1

Thanks for your prompt response!

Alternatively, after creating the scoring campaigns that apply globally, is there a way I can create a score limiting smart campaign decentralized, i.e. for every email campaign.

I have tried to create a decentralized smart campaign to limit scoring to just once per interaction without any success though.  For instance, if change program status was changed to engaged success, change behavior score - so the score changes just once when the program status was changed to engaged and not for repeating clicks. Does this make sense? Or is my thinking way off. Appreciate your help.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I don't see how the limiting can be localized while the scoring is truly global... the global would still have to know the names of every local limiting factor (program status, list membership).