Wanting to ability to create a user role that can ONLY download the resulting SMART LIST SUBSCRIPTION file they are sent via email to ensure GDPR compliance for secure data transfer.
Currently you can either:
1) Allow any recipient to of the smart list subscription email to download the resulting CSV file behind the DOWNLOAD button
- ie results in non-secure file transfer as anyone who clicks the DOWNLOAD link in the email can get the resulting CSV file.
2) Require a user to login to download the CSV file (via setting within the ADMIN area / Roles etc.)
- BUT It is not currently possible to set a permission to JUST download the CSV file you have been sent.
Marketo Support suggested closest permissions available were:
ACCESS Database + Export User
BUT This results in the user being able to access the ENTIRE Database and DOWNLOAD the ENTIRE database
- also not desirable, nor GDPR compliant.
Surely it cant be so hard to set a permission to allow a user role to be defined who can ONLY click DOWNLOAD in smart list subscription email, LOGIN, and immediately get the download file WITHOUT exposing them to the entire database?
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.