Smart List Filter "Ends With"

Smart List Filter "Ends With"

I don't know why anyone created filters for "Starts with", but not "Ends Width". This is silly because a lot of typos commonly happen at the end and I could fix them if I could filter with "Ends With."

16 Comments
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Never gonna happen that quickly (the idea exists elsewhere, too).

Add a formula field that's the email field followed by the standard end of line character $.

Then do

Contains ".de$"

etc.

Of course this isn't going to find everyone in the EU. Hope your legal understands that!

Liz_Davalos
Level 3

Yes, I'm aware it won't find everyone and thank you for the suggestion. We are doing other things to identify them, however it is less than 1% of our list since our products only apply to the US market. I'm just doing my part.

Liz_Davalos
Level 3

Is this what you meant? (on the calculated field)

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman

I meant on the CRM side and sync it to Marketo.

Liz_Davalos
Level 3

Oh, funny story there. That isn't an option for me due to how we "link" our CRM with Marketo... Any other ideas?

SanfordWhiteman

Yep, the same thing only with another email field and a trigger to ​Change Data Value ​to

{{lead.Email Address}}$

​whenever the primary Email Address changes.

Plus a batch to backfill.

Liz_Davalos
Level 3

Sorry, I need a bit longer of an explanation. Are you still talking about on the calculated field? I was contemplating making a token at this point with velocity script looking for ends with... although I don't know how to do that yet either. I just started searching

SanfordWhiteman

I'm not talking about a calculated/formula field here, just an additional custom field that you populate using Change Data Value.

Velocity won't be a help here as it only runs in the context of assembling emails.

A webhook would do the trick perfectly, of course (since it can do endsWith).

Liz_Davalos
Level 3

OK, trying that. Thank you.

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

why will it never happen, Sanford?