Reset lead scoring

Reset lead scoring

To be able to reset lead scoring for all leads in the database or at least, specific lists.

Sometimes we make mistake in lead scoring that lead to over or underscore leads. This normally happens in the testing period. But unfortunately, even after adjustment, the leads affected stay affected!
We've got some leads with a massive score (+1000) just because we made a mistake when implementing the scoring.
It would be good to be able to restart properly by reseting scoring.

Michael

4 Comments
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10
Hey Michael, you can change leads' scores with a flow step. So if you run a batch campaign, you can say "anyone in these lists" as the target (smart list), and "change data value of behavior score to =0" as the flow step. 

Or, if you have a large database and are worrying about processing speed, you can export the list or database of email addresses and the scores, change them in Excel, and reupload as a CSV—that'll reset their scores to 0 as well.

If you're looking for tweaking scoring based on token values, you can check out this option that's a bit more advanced: How to set up Marketo behavior batch scoring

Edward Unthank | Founder, Etumos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Edward! Very clear. I did not know this was possible. I was looking for a simple button saying "reset lead scoring" in the Marketing tab in the lead database. It would make it easier too 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only problem I see is depending on how your lead scoring is set up it might not have working metrics for those reset records. 

For example if you rules include giving +10 if they filled out a form. (not on ever form fill out) thsi would be a "Can only run once" campaign.  Simply reseting their score to 0 will not reset their membership status in this sort of triggered campaing.  You could of couse manualy remove them from each campaign like this.
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Already have it