ROI on Content

ROI on Content

I'd like to see the ability to measure the ROI on content that is uploaded.
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can do this now. Create a program per piece of content. Add in the costs. Promote your content & have people download it. Then measure your results. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Adam, but I am thinking of this in a the simpliest way. Why can't I run a report on the pdf link that marketo generates when I upload a PDF in the Design Studio?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Understandable. People have been asking for years for a report like that, but very few systems will tell you downloads in that way. That type of tracking typically requires Javascript, just pulling a PDF off of a server doesn't capture metrics. Even if you go to the biggest of file storage properties, like Amazon (AWS), their S3 Product won't tell you when a count of how many times a file has been downloaded.

That said, it is pretty simple now. It took me longer to photoshop this screenshot, and twice as long to write this reply, than it did to tell me the ROI of every piece of content I created this year. 

0EM50000000SbSr.jpg

All I'm saying, is don't hold your breath.
Anonymous
Not applicable
we've created special tags called "Asset Name" and "Asset Type" - and we have to maintain the list of options for each of these tags, which is not scalable. but, if your list of asset names or types is manageable, you can then tag individual programs with an asset name and asset type. that info is then available in RCA. again, it's manual and not scalable, but could work fo ryou.
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Already have it