QA Guide / Cheat Sheet

QA Guide / Cheat Sheet

Why does Marketo not create a short QA guide or cheat sheet for users to follow before launching a campaign? A list with checkboxs as a PDF is what I envison. Provides a good experience for users and creates happy customers.
5 Comments
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni
Hi Lachlan,

Marketo does have this short help article about reviewing campaigns: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KzSYCA0

Definitely a good resource to share with any new Marketo users on your team who will be using campaigns! 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10
Hey Lachlan, in addition to the article that Val links to above, we've found that it's very helpful to create your own checklists internally, and ensure that they're used for each send. We have a couple of different ones that were useful to set up with multiple users:

List upload checklist/template (ensure there are specific fields)
Event download checklist
Webinar mailing checklist
External event checklist
Overall email send checklist

As you can see, they're specific to certain types of campaigns, and they're sort of a hybrid of checklist, and step-by-step guide so that someone with minimal knowledge could set up a program in our absence.

An example of our Campaign Send final checklist is below.

0EM50000000SGmo.jpg
Lachlan_Maule
Level 2
Hi Val and Dory. Thanks for your responses and for sharing some valuable resources, I will definitely be using them. Just to clarify, my idea is that Marketo could produce a QA template that is more comprehensive i.e. it could have all steps needed from checking email links, to checking smart list logic to final testing etc all captured in a branded two page PDF. I know that consultants have these kinds of document and it seems like a gap / missed opportunity to me that Marketo does not produce their own one. 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10
Hey Lachlan, because Marketo is very flexible, there are a ton of different things that you can do within it -- which makes having just one checklist nearly impossible. It would either be ridiculously long with a lot of extraneous checkboxes, or not all-encompassing enough to specific campaigns. That's why we've created no fewer than 5 different types of checklists. I personally like creating the checklists, updating them when we improve the way that our programs work, and ensuring that people within our organization are using them. Also, I know that organizations tend to do things differently, which means that a one-size-fits-all guide isn't really possible. Just my two cents 🙂
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Already have it