Offer enhanced email performance and engagement reports

Offer enhanced email performance and engagement reports

I think it goes without saying that Marketo could use an overhaul of its reporting engine - especially when compared to competitors (and even low-cost self-service ESPs).  I attended an "Email on Acid" webinar today and they were showing the many types of reports and dashboards that are available when testing the performance of emails (I highly encourage Marketo engineers/product team to attend one of these webinars to get some worthwhile inspiration).

One metric that caught my eye was the enhanced "Opens" metrics (check out the 3 levels of open value based on the open duration in the "Engagement" dashboard below).  As we all know, "opens" by themselves is a very unreliable metric.  But by enhancing this level of reporting like "EoA" does, we can get better insight as to who is actually opening/reading the emails.  Obviously the ability to provide this metric exists.  It would be great if Marketo offered this - and many of the other types of enhanced metrics/dashboards - to its customers.

Also, each of charts/metrics within the dashboard should be clickable so that you can drill-down into the underlying data (instead of having to manually create smart lists for this information).

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_0.png

26 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are re-desiging this report as we speak (or type)!

P.

Director, UX

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

You can get some good insights into email performance by adding Litmus tracking to your marketo emails Using Email Analytics with Marketo - Help – Litmus , but it is a third-party tool and doing it for each email is really tedious (we do this tracking may be once a month for big email blasts). Litmus for us is more of a workaround; Marketo does need to improve it's analytics in general, there were some positive changes in one of the recent releases, but both RCE and RCA remain slow, clunky and lag behind a lot of other tools on the market in terms of user experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Echoing everyone's sentiment above.

Marketo, please create email Heat Map functionality!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can do the same with Email-On-Acid.  But for the price we're paying for Marketo (over six figures), we're hoping that this capability is available natively within the environment one day.

Amber_Hall
Level 2

This would be a HUGE value-add to our reporting capabilities and serve as a much more robust performance view.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Agreed, also making it easier to see certain data.

For example, having a report that shows an email was opened 50 times is great, but it'd be awesome to be able to drill down and see which leads without having to create so many different reports.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Here are a couple ideas related to the drill-down capabilities:

Robert_Mullown2
Level 2

Hello Paul,

It has been exactly one year since your response to my question 1 year and 16 days ago.  Has there been any progress on this heat map functionality as well as Dan Stevens idea on geo-location?

Thanks!

/R

Robert_Mullown2
Level 2

This is great!  As others have pointed out Heat Maps would be great to have as well.  I have been involved in many discussions regarding Heat Maps over the years in the Community.

Liliana_Cheng1
Level 4

Hey Robert Mullowney​, do you know of any progress by Marketo on a heat map function? Searching through the old community, I found some related ideas that were marked as "We Like It!" by Marketo but no official update.

Thanks.