Lead Was Merged Filter

Lead Was Merged Filter

Issue:  Reporting on lead numbers using the filter “LEAD WAS CREATED” is inaccurate as a result of duplicate lead records that have been merged

LEAD WAS CREATED” filters the number of “new lead” activities in a lead record and when a known lead is merged, the end result will be a lead record with 2 new lead activities.  Although a lead report will not count the activities twice if your time frame covers both new lead activities since leads will be grouped by the “Created At” date, they can still appear multiple times in a report if you are running the report for a specific time frame to determine trends (e.g. 1 year/1 month/1 week).

As a result, it is very difficult to measure how many new leads were actually created in a given timeframe because you cannot be sure how many of those might be duplicated merged records that were originally created much earlier.

Suggestion:  Filter these out somehow.  Maybe the “new lead” activity can be renamed to “merged lead” once the duplicate record is merged into the master lead record.  This way, you do not have to worry about the double counting.    
7 Comments
Michael_Langell
Level 4
Any idea when we might see this enhancement in marketo?
Michael_Langell
Level 4
Any idea when we might see this enhancement in marketo?
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

We need "merge source", "number of times" and "date" constraints on this filter.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It would also be great to have the "Lead is Merged" trigger. I came across this need when I realized that a merged lead will still remain in programs either lead was in previously, which we do not want. We would want merged leads to be removed from a certain program if they are already active in another to avoid multiple emails.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Merged leads have been created twice. You can find them with the following filter:

pastedImage_1.png

-Greg

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Another reason this would be useful:

Case in point - going through 40 activity logs to figure out why people are in a program they don't qualify for. The first 3 I've checked were due to merges resulting in a field change - which didn't activate a trigger because it was simply the value in the winner in the record that "won" in the merge. But I have to check the other 37 records to verify that this is the case with all of them.

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas