Incease the range of lanuguages

Incease the range of lanuguages

Only supports English, German and French languages, I request that you focus on improving your range of languages to support others, especially to deal with other European states and BRIC countries.
7 Comments
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni
I would have to agree. We often send items to Mexico & Latin America as we are expanding to where we need Spanish to be an option as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi William and Amber,

I assume you are referencing the new feature to offer form error messages in French and German. Yes, we will add more languages in the coming months. Can you please let me know what languages you're interested?

Thanks,
Ei-Mang
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I also just wanted to clarify that prior to the January release, Marketo already supported the ability to send emails, as well as create forms and landing pages, in various languages such as Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Chinese and Hebrew (just to name a few).

The additional functionality that we are adding in the Jan2013 release is 2 buckets:

(1) expanding the ability to market to global leads by letting MLM users specify if form error messages should be English, French German

(2) letting MLM users specify their own language, locale and time zone preference for the app

Thanks!
Ei-Mang
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to have Japanese error messages.

Can we define our own languages in javascript?

Add another set for Japanese for example?

German : {
      required : "Dieses Feld ist erforderlich",
      selectRequired : "Wählen Sie einen Wert für dieses Feld",
      emailInvalid : "Geben Sie eine gültige E-Mail-Adresse ein",
      telephoneInvalid : "Geben Sie eine gültige Telefonnummer ein",
      pleaseWait : ""

Marketo_Marketo
Level 2
Hi James,

Just a heads up that we are planning on adding form error message support for the following new languages with our March release:
  • Italian
  • Spanish
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Chinese (simplified)
  • Chinese (traditional)
  • Portuguese (Brazil)
  • Hebrew
  • Russian
Until then, as a workaround, you could override the French or German error messages to get Japanese error messages by adding custom Javascript in the landing page template. There is more information at the end of this article: Customize Language for Form Validation Messages

Just to provide you a example, here's part of the Javascript code needed to have Japanese form validation messages appear (by setting form error messages to be "German" when you create the form):

German : {
      required : "????????????",
      selectRequired : "????",
      emailInvalid : "???E????????????????",
      telephoneInvalid : "????????????????",
      pleaseWait : "???????????"
    }

Screenshot of setting form error/validation messages to be "German":
0EM50000000Q9fz.jpg Screenshot of adding the additional Javascript to your landing page template (make sure you put it all the way at the end): 0EM50000000Q9g4.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi James,

Just wanted to let you know that I made the last post in case you have any follow up questions.

Thanks, Ei-Mang
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Already have it