Have the ability to create a pdf version of an email within Marketo

Have the ability to create a pdf version of an email within Marketo

We have clients who have requested pdf versions of the newsletter emails we've sent out - and there's no way to currently do this in Marketo.  Right now, I'm having to send the email to myself, save as HTML, then export to pdf from there, and then crop the pages in Acrobat.  This is the only way I've found to preserve both the look of the email and the active links.  It would be great to have a feature directly in Marketo to export to pdf and keep the integrity of images/links.
30 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
I really like this idea because I always need to share an image of an email with others, but cannot just forward the email with decorated links due to the risk of others having their cookie updated to point to my lead record.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This idea would be of tremendous value to our organization since we compile a quarterly report to the board that includes a library of our current marketing materials!
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you preview an email, it adds the tokens, but not the tracking info. I copy from the preview, paste into word & save as a PDF. Or paste into Outlook & provide for people to forward.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Adam,

yes, I found a similar workaround as well, but it would be great to be able to export or save to pdf right out of Marketo.  Thanks for the suggestion! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Voting for this idea!
Monika_Smolarcz
Level 2

We have to make PDFs of every email we send through Marketo as we have to post them in other systems for our customers to be able to view. Having the ability to create PDFs right in Marketo would save us a lot of time.

Sev_Loeuille
Level 2

Good point... so far the only solution I've found is to send a semple to myself, then open the email in my browser and do a full-screen capture and save it as a pdf or png.

This is the plugin I use for the full screen capture: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/full-page-screen-capture/fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl?...

Mike_Werch
Level 1

There are 3rd party email builder platforms that offer this as native functionality and integrate directly with Marketo.

Mark_Lively
Level 1

Ironically I went the other way.

You could probably automate it with Selenium to make pngs then sips to get to a pdf.

If you are on a Mac it should be fairly easy to write an automator action (or AppleScript) that triggers on mail receipt.  Probably the same thing could be done with VBScript on a PC.

The Rest API can even be polled to get the emails and then render the HTML.

Fiona_Greig
Level 1

PDF will be great however is there a reason we cannot share the email url from Marketo? This combined with the PDF solution would solve an enormous problem for many of us. #emailurl