Give thank you pages a restricted access

Give thank you pages a restricted access

I've been looking for this solution, but from talking to marketo support - currently Marketo doesn't have a built in function to gate content. If someone who is not a known lead obtains the URL for one of the Marketo landing pages, they will be able to access that page. But in many scenarios - such as 'content download', you want leads to access the thank you page only upon submitting a form. I hope Marketo could build this soon.

20 Comments
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nicholas,

Setting a value with a hidden field is a nice idea, but I am afraid, as Sanford said, that the FU page would display before the reconciliation and computation of the segment is done.

-Greg

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

lol @ "the FU page"

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Well, Jive did not find it problematic.

-Greg

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

We'll need to set up some time to walk through this as there's a bit of a process.  Lauren and I both work for the same company so we have similar LP templates which makes it a bit easier for me to share with her.

The basics of it are very token based and use the Forms 2.0 API.  You want to create Pre-Form and Post-Form HTML in DIVs. Keep the Post Form HTML hidden (CSS: visibility: none;) and then upon form-fill change the CSS so pre-form and form div visibility = none and post-form visibility = block (or whatever works best.)  You need to know a bit of javascript but it's not like learning ancient greek.  Friend me and we can set up some time.  My schedule is bad for the next few days so I can't promise it'll be immediate.

Adrian_Watkins
Level 3

Thanks that will be great! I'm on vacation for the next week but maybe we can get together after that.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Hit me up when you're back

Ana_Gonzales
Level 1

Hi Robb, I work with Adrian and he asked me talk to you about the mentioned code. Is there a time this or next week that you could help me with it?

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

This week is basically over, next week Friday works well for me.

Ana_Gonzales
Level 1

Thank you! That works for me. Could you add me as your Marketo contact or follow me in Marketo so that we can coordinate about this?

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas