Get Full Lead Activities Details through the REST API

0 Likes

Get Full Lead Activities Details through the REST API

Please create a field that houses the detail information on the activity record that can be accessed through REST API requests.

6 Comments
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Do you have an example of what you're looking for here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

For example, we are looking for the field from a Marketo activity that has the narrative of "Changed Urgency from "70" to "40" or "Marketing Notification: Content - No Approval needed".  It is the "Detail" field on the Marketo Activity.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I see now.  This is actually a virtual field which is templated when viewing an activity log/campaign results, not a database field, so we would not return it via the API.  You could create display templates to mimic this in your external system, though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, what are the criteria for the display templates?  Does it basically take the Old and New values and tie them together?  Can you send us the text for the templates?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I don't have access to them, but I would guess that the template is something like this:

'Changed %s1 from "%s2" to "%s3"'

The real template will depend on the language you're using though.

s1 is the name property from Describe Lead for the field, with the field being mapped from the id in the change to the id in Describe Lead.  It's best to cache the describe results as a map with the ID as your key, since the results of describe should change very infrequently

s2 and s3 are old and new value respectively

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Already have it