Email Reports still don't honor last activity date in setups.

Email Reports still don't honor last activity date in setups.

Have floated this idea before but I'm so tired of wading backwards in time for ideas that were probably merged with unrelated ideas, voted up, status changed to 'liked' or 'working on it', and still never implemented,  I'm just reposting them from now on.
THE ISSUE:
If you set up an Email report in analytics, and set the date of activity to be a range like last month or last year or set up a custom date range that ends in the past, the report range only ever honors the beginning of the date range.  The last activities of the report always run all the way up to the present and ignore the end date of the established date range.
3 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
My Email Performance reports for Q4 do have dates in the Last Activity Date column beyond Dec 31, but this appears to be Click and Open activity, not Sent activity. 

You could add Not Clicked Link in Email and Not Opened Email filters for after the measurement period, which would prevent the Last Activity Date column having a dates beyond the end of the measurement peirod and which decrments the Clicked and Opened counts.  However this also decrements the Sent and Delivered counts by the number that Clicked and Opened after the end of the period.  Plus, you'll need to use some additional filters and advanced filter logic to not lose those Sends that clicked both during and after the measurment period.

This is a total pain to do.  So if I understand what you want correctly, the report should show just the count of the Sent, Delivered, Opened, Clicked, etc. activities during the measurement period.  But it shouldn't exclude Sents whose Opens and Clicks occur after the measurement period as the report's smart list filters will do.  If so, you get my vote.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Advanced filtering capabilities including timeframe filters on each email activity type is available in Email Analysis in Revenue Explorer.  See example screenshot below.

0EM50000000QYYy.jpg

TJ
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Already have it