Durable blacklist

Durable blacklist

I would like to remove the undesirable persons from the database, to save on the licence costs, but still keep in memory the fact that the corresponding email address was blacklisted.

For this, a "Durable blacklist", similar to te durable unsubscribe, would be great.

-Greg

4 Comments
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I know for a fact that Pardot does not count unsubscribed and blacklisted towards your DB count.

This was one of the few qualities that was desirable in their platform, but lacking with Marketo

I hope that this is reconsidered in the future.  I would hate to see Pardot gain more share as it's substandard platform tries to catch up to this far superior on we all have the privilege to use!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with this! We are constantly trying to get our DB to a managable size for cost and I wish blacklist/unsubscribe did not count. If we delete unsubscribe and they come back into our DB we do not have the historical data to know they are still unsubscribed.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Leah,

Yes, for the unsubscribe, Marketo keeps the info even after you have deleted the lead. This is called Durable unsubscribe. See Feeding the Durable Unsubscribe List without increasing the database

My idea above was to be able to do the same with blacklisted leads.

-Greg

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas