Don't allow more than one person to work on the same email at the same time

Don't allow more than one person to work on the same email at the same time

Don't allow more than one person to work on the same email at the same time.  This has happened a couple of times when a few of my colleagues were working on the same email at the same time and overwrote the changes that were made by another person.  At least send an email alert to the second person who is attempting to edit the email, or just automatically boot the person out.  The old email application that I used before had this capability. 

5 Comments
Stilyana_Yanev2
Level 2
This is a great idea - we would love to have this feature as well as a couple of times we experienced the same: more than one users are editing the same email. An idea could be to have an icon on an asset when it is in Edit mode, like a locker or a ticker, as now when the asset has a draft, to show that the asset is in edit mode - that would be great as well.
Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5
It's an excellent idea, Michelle, and I'm glad to see it back on the community's top of mind.

I had one that was similar : https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JvWIAA0

Version control for things in process/revision would be a tremendous upgrade for Marketo. Knowing that someone else has an iteration of an email, landing page, even smart campaigns open would prevent a lot of duplicate effort.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10
Thanks Stilyana and Scott.  I voted up yours Scott--I missed that post.  Let me add snippets to the list because we've had some "oops" moment with that too.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to see this idea move forward from "Maybe one Day" status as it would be very helpful. Even an update that was a pop-up that says another user has this email open in edit mode so you can only preview email now.

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas