Disable autosave feature and/or Undo button

0 Likes

Disable autosave feature and/or Undo button

Hello:

While I understand the thinking behind the autosave feature of Marketo, I am not a fan.  I have grown used to hitting the save button and I enjoy hitting the save button because the I know I have saved my work in the way that I wanted to save it.  I really wish there was a way to TURN OFF the AUTOSAVE functionality.  That way you can experiment with something and close it out if you do not wish to save.

The designer on my team has mentioned that there should also be an undo button as well, but I believe the AUTOSAVE functionality would have to be disabled.

Thanks!
6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erin,

We have a "undo" feature in the Treasure Chest (go to Admin/Treasure Chest, and enable the Email Undo feature) that will allow you to undo work on th email editor.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10
But I love the autosave.  I can't tell you how often I get interrupted at work and that autsave function has been a big time saver!  Same thing goes for my colleagues, it takes the thought of "did I save it or not?" they love that functionality. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think its good to that the functionality is there for people who would like to use the auto save, but there should also be a way to disable the functionality and hit a save button if we choose.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree Erin - we've been burned a few times by people getting out of things before the Auto Save has finished saving. It would be so much better if we just pressed a button and had that piece of mind. I understand why people like it, but some of us have a really hard time with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly my thoughts Joanna!  I have grown so used to hitting the save button in other programs (word, excel etc) numerous times while working.  I like knowing that its saved the way that i want it to be saved.
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Already have it