Clean-up / Removal of Old Articles

0 Likes

Clean-up / Removal of Old Articles

I'm new to Marketo, but as I've been attempting to read up on various subkects I'm encountering some dead pages. For instance, a search for "subscription management" turned up an item labelled "Marketo Lead Management Fundamentals Training", but when I click through the page fails to load:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyuTCAS

If there's a means for cleaning up / removing some of these artilcles, assuming the content has been retired, that would be helpful.
6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Osman - this happens to me all of the time.  Please start cleaning Marketo!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Kate! I guess my gut reaction when encountering dead links and the like is that it also makes me feel uncertain that other information I'm reading is current / accurate. Although I'm always eager to get my hands on new functionality and features, I feel like it should only be launched when the relevant documentation has been updated and irrelevant documentation has been pulled.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ditto! Hopefully this topic can get enough likes to get the team to spend some time with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sorry, you are correct and it has been a mess.  The technology it is based on is hard to manage.

To fix the issue, we are in the process of migrating all the articles to a new system.  No old (outdated, incorrect) articles are being moved.  It's alot of manual effort, but the result should be a drastically improved experience.

I am looking to launch the new site in the next 30-60 days.  It will run parrall with the existing help articles for a short period.

Working on it! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great! Thanks for the update, Glen!
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under review