Campaign Is Completed Trigger

Campaign Is Completed Trigger

My business could really benefit from a trigger to know when a lead has finished running through a campaign so that the next campaign can kick off. We have a Request Campaign feature to send the lead to another campaign but no way of notifying another campaign that it needs to run for a lead.

Example:

Lead fills out a form. Upon filling out the form, a workflow updates the lead record with some tokened information.

A Scoring program starts to run triggered from the form fill.

After the lead is scored, a program-specific SC runs based on the outcome of scoring.

Right now, the only way to do this is to put in wait steps. After the lead fills out the form we update the information then factor in a long wait. In my example, the scoring program goes through many IFs and adds or subtracts from the LEAD SCORE.  I can't put a Data Value Changed on LEAD SCORE because I don't know when the scoring program is completed. So we put in a 20 minute wait.

Now, we're experiencing data processing delays when the campaign queue is full. This causes the 20 minute wait to end prior to the scoring completing. As a result, choices are being made based on a score that's not what it will be when the scoring finishes.

What I would like is a "Campaign Is Completed" or a "Return to Campaign" feature. I would like to be able to take a lead through a program specific campaign, send it to an operational campaign, and then (upon completion) finish running the program specific campaign.

Or, have a "Campaign is Completed" trigger. I could add a filter of "Campaign ID Is" so that I know the specific program I want to run.

12 Comments
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

That's half-way there. 

Let's say that I fill out a form. I go through the program workflow, then the scoring workflow takes over. Scoring completes, I'm written to a list and the next SC listens for me to be added to the "Completed Scoring" list with my campaign ID. Works nice.

However, what if - while waiting for the scoring to finish, I respond to another program? Now my campaign ID is over-written so the first program won't pick me up and the second program will pick me up too early.

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas