Bulk Merge Tool In Marketo

Bulk Merge Tool In Marketo

The 1:1 merge option is great if you have one off duplicate lead issues. However, when you have uncovered a massive duplicate issue the only option today for a Marketer is to pay for a one-time service or get help from either an internal or external development team to run an API script. These slows us down, and can have major impact on running automation campaigns with the wrong data appending to the wrong record and triggering campaigns out to people.

I would really like it if Marketo had a Bulk Merge Tool that had custom rules similar to a smart list/Campaign, and could be ran on a regular cadence to prevent database duplicate bloat.

11 Comments
Josh_Grant2
Level 3

Love this idea - much needed.

Heather_Padgett
Level 3

I need this today. 200,000 dupes that need to be merged... and Marketo's solution could take 2 months... I need a fast and easy solution!

Josh_Grant2
Level 3

We are currently demoing a few solutions as we have the same issue. I will update if I come across something worth checking out.

Melissa_Neikirk
Level 2

We used to use Ringlead, but for our use case it didn't do enough of what we needed. What we really need is something that primarily looks inside Marketo and dedupes there.

Josh_Grant2
Level 3

Would you be open to discussing Ringlead with me? I have them on my radar and would love feedback from a former client.

Melissa_Neikirk
Level 2

Sure - happy to share our experience and why we ultimately decided not to keep using them.

Josh_Grant2
Level 3

Awesome - thanks! Email address?

Melissa_Neikirk
Level 2
Heather_Padgett
Level 3

I'm curious as well... May I jump into this conversation (belatedly)?

Melissa_Neikirk
Level 2

Happy to chat with both of you - just let me know. The main issue for us is that we have data that imports from other sources outside of our CRM (SFDC). Ringlead worked as long as the record was in SFDC as well and was a record we synced to Marketo and only at the time of lead creation. If that wasn't the case, it didn't work. So we still had lots of duplicates, and Ringlead didn't work completely for our use case. That is why we stopped using them. We also already had a tool that deduped SFDC, so didn't need that functionality in Ringlead. Ringlead is a strong tool, but it didn't meet our needs.