Broken Links in the Community Forums

Broken Links in the Community Forums

You're searching for help on a particular Marketo feature and you find a discussion that describes exactly what you're looking for. Even better, there's a link to another discussion page with the needed fix. You click the link and get the Marketo white screen of death:

An Error occurred while processing your request. Please try again later.

Sound familiar? In the months I've used Marketo, I've found a large number of broken links within the Community Discussions area, like this one from late last month - http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PVi2AAG

I know it would be time consuming, but it would be extremely helpful if there was an easily found broken link submittal form, so that when a user finds one of these it can be quickly escalated for review.
4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you comment on the article it'll be flagged for review and someone will fix it for you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Adam W - I'm not so sure about that; if you look at the link I included, you'll see that there are comments dated 11/5/2013 and 12/15/2013.

Still broken.
Kenneth_Law
Level 10
We've had a lot of movement with our help articles as we are building new article types.  As some articles have been migrated some prior discussion links have been broken as a result.  In the example you provided, we have fixed the linking.  Moving forward, we will be creating re-directs as we move articles around in order to minimize the liklihood of links coming up broken.

If you do encounter a problem with an article url that links to no where, you can always start a Community discussion under the Support topic or if you can submit a support ticket, one of our support engineers can help escalate.
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: In Production