Automatic Landing Page URL Switch

Automatic Landing Page URL Switch

My idea is that Marketo could have a function that would automatically switch a landing page to a different one after a certain date/time. For example, if I am running a webinar and have a landing page that includes a form to sign up, I could go into Marketo and type in the date and time that I would like the old landing page with the form to switch to another landing page. This landing page would not have a form, and would include something like "The webinar has already ended. Please go here..."

Ideas? Suggestions?

16 Comments
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9
Mark_Farnell
Level 5

It's great that there is a solution published here, but I'd still say Marketo should keep this on the radar.  I'd be far happier having the functionality built in.

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Thats ok but I am thinking how to handle time zones... Event in Australia.... for example

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Date times should always be *stored* in UTC. A timezone is used for output, not comparison or storage. Although some buggy systems break this rule, here you're in complete control: your token is UTC, your comparison is to the browser's UTC getTime().

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Yes, UTC seems to be the only TZ reliable, thats the way...

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas