Audit Trail (Vote on this Idea, not it's dupes)

Audit Trail (Vote on this Idea, not it's dupes)

I think it would be good to have time stamp or properties info for each element on Marketo.

For example, for each Smart List or List under Lead Database, it should have info about who created the list, when created, last updated, last updated by etc.

This will give very good transparency for multiple users.

This will definitely help!

Sarat

73 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Much needed. As our team is growing we need more Marketo users to scale our business to support our global teams. An Audit trail could pinpoint errors to help to focus on training topics as a whole for these users, or where certain users need more 1 on 1 coaching.  

We can all make mistakes in Marketo, it would be useful to see how, when, why and who made an error to minimise these errors being repeated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a "huge" flaw and weakness in Marketo. I just can't believe that Marketo hasn't addressed the fact that it's customers don't have the basic software necessity of knowing who created what and when, who modified what and when, etc.  This isn't some fancy or advanced request, it is basic software accountability functionality.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheryl, It's been almost two years since your post below, what is the status today?  The oldest posting of a similar idea was first posted in November 2010 - 3 1/2 years ago. Looks like 18 ideas merged into this one.  We're not even requesting full undo-capabilities, just a change log at the very least.
Don't worry ... we are very aware of this feature and it is on our radar. We don't have a target timeframe just yet.

Posted By Cheryl C on 8/28/2013 10:57 AM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree with everyone that this feature is long overdue. It wouldn't just be useful for catching errors, there are so many times where it would be very helpful to see who created or last modified any random thing in Marketo.

Nearly 4.5 years after this thread was created all we have is "no target timeframe just yet" and update from Marketo in a year and half?
Jessica_Ruffalo
Level 4
I would love to have this audit trail capability and would hope that Marketo developers would make this a top a priority. Many of my team members have experience in other email marketing/marketing automation programs (competitors to Marketo) that did have time stamps with 'last updated by', as well.  It would be a shame if Marketo couldn't deliver on an idea that has over 500 likes.  

Can you please give us an update on this Marketo?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Marketo? What is the status on this?  Nobody from Marketo is replying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Marketo? Anybody from Marketo going to respond?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Support reported last week in a case asking about this capability, "I also know of no future plan for Marketo to provide audit information outside what is already displayed on assets" and went on to suggest "these features would make great ideas for future product improvements on our community site."

We had also asked about restoring to a previous state after an accidental change, or at the very least, providing for a step to confirm changes, to which they responded, "Unfortunately there is currently no way to restore a previous state of an asset, or turn off Auto-save."

At this point perhaps we should determine how (as some of Marketo’s highest revenue-producing customers) we can approach our sales reps with a united front and insist that this requirement be implemented. I believe that would be strongly supported at the firm where I am currently consulting, as they understand that the risk of some inadvertent change resulting in a significant loss or exposure is only growing as time passes.

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

This is such a crucial functionality, I can't believe marketo still doesn't have it.

We recently had one of our major programs (major lead gen channel, hundreds of form submissions a day) going down, because one of our users clicked in a wrong place, and there was no way to find out who, when and how made the change. I ended up just taking the access to that workspace away from most of our users, having the possibility to see who and when made the change and to be able to roll back would have saved us so much time and stress + would have kept people more accountable and therefore attentive to where they click

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all!

I recently started at Marketo as a senior product manager and will be owning this audit trail project! Please know this is one of my top priorities and I'll be posting updates to this thread as I make progress. I'll be reviewing all of the comments above and taking them into consideration as I shape the requirements and scope. Tentatively speaking, I want to get this done and in your hands by early next year. In the meantime, please post additional comments or questions here as I'll be monitoring this thread.

Thanks,

Christina